Auditioning & Casting Mastery
For Directors & Actors
Early Bird Price $695
Learn how to work with professional Directors and become a Director's Actor! Crush your auditions!
Learn how to work with actors and be an Actor's Director! Get the performances you want from your casting sessions and on set!
Start doing what you love
Don't Spend $200,000+ for Film School!
4 years of USC: $220,000†
4 Years of UCLA: $220,000††
4 Years of NYU: $230,000†††
MediaU + UC Irvine + Slamdance
This professional course is only $695. MediaU's Online Film School allows you to learn at your own pace for less than the cost of a single day at other schools!
Earn College Credit
MediaU, partnered with University of California, Irvine and Slamdance Film Festival, brings you the first online affordable film school where you will learn everything you need from real, working, industry professionals, to launch a successful career in the Entertainment Industry.
UC Irvine is a Top Ten public university in the US. Together with MediaU and Slamdance Film Festival, you'll earn 3 college credits at one of the top schools in the country with this single course.
MEDIAU'S FIRST ONLINE CLASS • 3 CREDITS
What You'll Learn:
- Write turbo-charged casting breakdowns that attract the best skilled actors, even for low-budget films
- Practice Peter's 9-STEP scene breakdown to prepare for auditions
- Gain confidence in communicating and trust-building techniques, and learn to trust your own instincts through practicing with your peers
- Learn full-proof audition & callback techniques, decision-processes and assessment tools
- Explore the benefits of inclusion and diversity casting
- Find out what casting directors are looking for
- Prepare, record and submit your own self-tape (actors)
- Plan, organize and execute an online audition (directors)
How You'll Learn:
3 industry pros will teach this online course, with other industry speakers dropping in. You become part of a team of peers and are expected to engage with your team for some activities to help you learn. Each module will have readings, discussions or peer activities you can work on alone or together. You'll immerse yourself in media, watch and analyze auditions and callbacks to get the feel of a good audition and learn what to look for. Then you'll go and run your own audition or make your own self-tape and debrief your experience and results: the best way is to learn by doing.
Meet Industry Leaders!
You'll get to meet, connect and hang out with your teachers and guests online in different ways: through discussion groups and posting questions; in live Q & A sessions, or informally in the FLOW LOUNGE, our online version of the campus café. This is a great opportunity to pick their brains, get career advice and talk about filmmaking and career ideas that are important to you.
Why You Need This Course!
This course is for anyone wanting to demystify, practice, develop or improve their skills as a film director or actor, and especially learn how to create effective working relationships and inspire performances working together. Emerging directors, established directors, actors, casting directors or anyone involved in film industry roles who want to learn better methods for directors and actors to work together.
2 Course Textbooks:
Marshall, P. (2017). Making the Magic Happen: The Art and Craft of Film Directing. Studio City, CA: Michael Wiese Productions.
Weston, J. (1996) Directing Actors: Creating memorable performances for film and television. Michael Wiese Productions.
"I took a directing actor's class in college. This course is an inexpensive way to get the same education. A lot of the material covered in this course was covered in there, but for a fraction of the price.
SINGLE CLASS • 3 COLLEGE CREDITS
Learn at your own pace.
Complete this course in 6 to 10 weeks.
Enroll now and save!
The regular cost for this single course is $725.00
Enroll today for only
*early bird pricing
• Auditioning and Casting Mastery for Directors and Actors is MediaU's first course. We will be rolling out additional courses by the end of the year, and certificates in several different film and media areas will cost less than $4,000. •